Family Law Solicitor at Phillips Solicitors
Posted: 03 November 2020
Apply by: 30 November 2020
Phillips Solicitors is a leading Hampshire law firm based in Basingstoke going through an exciting and sustained period of growth, inspired by a young and dynamic management team. It is well known regionally and has many exciting clients who you would more usually expect to see using a City or West End firm, but who come to Phillips for the high calibre of people and the high quality of legal and commercial advice provided.
We are looking for a full-time qualified Family Law Solicitor with two to four years of Post Qualification Experience. In return we offer a competitive salary, plus bonus, dependent upon experience and ability.
Phillips recruit lawyers who are ambitious, enthusiastic, individual and who enjoy taking a lead on client matters and on business and client development. Phillips are an energised team who are passionate about:
1. Attracting and retaining the brightest and most positive colleagues to work with;
2. Being the number one regional law firm that clients come to for the high quality of people and advice; and
3. Being a place where colleagues love coming to work, whether that be working remotely or in the office.
Phillips has a strong client base with a substantial amount of work coming in from repeat clients and their recommendations of the firm to their networks. It is a key member of the Hampshire business community. The culture is one of continuous growth and development in the expertise, experience, and services offered. Phillips ensures all lawyers are supported by an experienced and skilled team who will help each lawyer grow their career in the direction they want to take it.
In the role, you will:
1. Advise a range of clients on family matters, autonomously and with minimum supervision;
2. Act as a supporting solicitor to partners on larger matters, managing clients from day to day;
3. Take a lead in business development, growing your own loyal client base;
4. Work on a range of matters including divorce, dissolution, financial issues arising out of divorce or dissolution, pre and post nuptial agreements and private law children act proceedings; and
5. Carry out your own advocacy at court hearings as well as briefing counsel on larger more complex cases.
Phillips is an equal opportunities employer committed to equality and diversity within the workplace.
To apply, send a covering letter and CV to Faye McMahon, Operations and Finance Manager, by emailing [email protected]
Candidate Privacy Notice
Please note that any personal data provided in the course of your application will be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice.