Festival Place has decked the halls with poinsettias this Christmas, bringing brilliant festive cheer to shoppers after a difficult year.
Basingstoke’s popular retail and leisure destination brought in the experts at James Glancy Design, a leading light in the field of festive decorations and responsible for many of the country’s most memorable displays.
Also known as the Christmas star, the poinsettia is the most festive of florals, with its scarlet, star-shaped leaves and central clusters of bright yellow buds.
The Festival Place decorations feature hundreds of poinsettias and intricate light displays all around the centre, with a stunning poinsettia Christmas tree taking pride of place in St John’s Square.
The festive cheer doesn’t stop there! Festival Place is spreading joy with daily bursts of fun on its social media platforms. Followers are invited to join in each day to unlock a song, craft, joke or festive dance hosted by Mrs Christmas and her Festive Fun Bunch.
FP Marketing Manager Emily Palmer said: “We know it’s been an incredibly difficult year for everyone, and it’s very important to us to do everything we can to make Christmas every bit as magical for our wonderful customers as we always do.
“Walking into a shopping centre twinkling with lights and gorgeous decorations always lifts the spirits, and the brilliant poinsettia itself is a symbol of hope and cheer – something we could all do with in 2020!
“We’re also delighted to share the festivities online with our Countdown to Christmas activities. There will be a different fun activity every day of the week, from Marvellous Mondays to Festival Silly Saturdays – and a final show to finish it all off with a fantastic festive flourish!”
All activities at Festival Place this Christmas will adhere to the current Covid restrictions and will include the Christmas grotto.
Mrs Christmas’ online Countdown to Christmas includes:
- Marvellous Mondays – Pop up fun from the gang to start your week with a smile.
- Tee Hee Tuesdays – The Festive gang will be dusting off Santa’s joke book and sharing their favourite Christmas cracker jokes.
- Wonderful Wednesdays – Merry Christmas Mice, The Christmas Pudettes & The Festival Elves will lead a 15- minute Christmas show teaching children at home a song or dance. These songs and dances will also be part of the Christmas Family Show on December 23.
- Thoughtful Thursdays – Lots of lovely thoughtful ideas for things you can do for friends, family and the community on the lead up to Christmas
- Festival Fridays – The Festive Gang will be on hand with a new Christmas craft each Friday for you to make and do over the weekend. Share your pics at #FestivalFridays
- Silly Saturdays – Sensational Christmas characters will pop up with silly antics for the weekend.
- Sunday Lunches – Mrs Christmas will be suggesting simple recipe ideas to make with the kids.
- December 23 – The marvellous month of merriment culminates in a 30-minute show involving all of the characters, dances, songs and craft featured through December.
For the latest information on Festival Place please visit: www.festivalplace.co.uk